Great British Bake Off; Tennis Cake

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Hey guys!

So, for the past few weeks I haven’t been able to bake the technical bakes from The Great British Bake Off for various reasons, but when I heard last week’s technical bake I was excited to be able to find all to the ingredients on the supermarket shelves!

The bake was a Tennis Cake from BBC



So, where do I start? As you can see from the pictures, this did not go well. The cake itself was lovely... the mixture was so smooth and such an easy bake, so go Mary Berry! The only thing is I forgot to add the sultanas... in a fruit cake! Who does that?!

Then it went onto the decoration. The marzipan and icing were great, rolled out smoothly, but the piping work was awful! I tried my hardest to get those straight lines of the tennis court but it was impossible. I don’t know how the bakers did it so well! So we have a wobbly tennis court! Haha! Then I piped the net and rackets and they piped perfectly. No problem there.

Next up came the icing to pipe around the outside, which I ran out of icing sugar for. Amateur mistake! So instead I made cute little roses instead.

So... then it came to assembling the cake, and everything just fell apart! L Boo!

Never mind hey! I can laugh about it and that’s what all this is about!

Did you try this recipe? I would love to hear what you think about it


Love,  Ky 

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute and clever idea! I totally want to make this for my dad now, he is such a tennis fan hehe. xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you should! I'm sure you'll do a much better job than me!

      Delete
  2. It's an amazing idea that I need to try for myself some day soon. Have an amazing day, xo Teng.

    https://itsjustteng.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS