What's in my bag?

Monday 6 July 2015

Hello everybody!

It feels like so long since I last did a blog post and I don’t know why, so I was excited to be writing again. I have recently been addicted to reading and watching ‘What’s in my bag’ posts and videos, so it made me want to do one too... that and the fact that my bag weighs a tonne so I wanted to find out what I carry on my arm everyday! So let’s get started.

First things first, my current bag of use is this on from River Island. I LOVE it! It was a Christmas present from the mother-in-law, but I chose it! As soon as I saw this bag online I fell in love, I love the coral colour on the sides which adds a pop of colour, mixed with the lovely black and white detail on the front which makes it look sophisticated... well I can try!

The only problem with this bag is that although it looks big, it’s really not. The inside has on large compartment which is split by one piece of fabric, but I feel like this is more of a hindrance than a help as it doesn’t fit many things in such as my lunchbox, so I have to try and squeeze everything in.




Again, although the bag looks big, it does not fit most of my university things in; it doesn’t fit an A4 piece of paper in without folding it. Obviously most of my uni work is done on a4, which means that I have to bend or fold it to manage to fit it in.
Other than that I love it! Onto what I have in my bag which is making it weigh so much!

1. Purse
Probably the most important thin which is carried in my bag is my purse. I have had this one for years from Topshop which the other half brought for me. I feel all I’m typing is that everything is brought for me! Oops! It isn’t honest! This obviously carried everything from change, to my bank card and ID. Plus one, two (or maybe more) old receipts. Come to think of it my purse could probably do with a clear out too!



2. Glasses
Next thing is my glasses case. Now I don’t really need glasses, they're more for reading, but I like to carry them on me just in case. I usually tend to get headaches towards the end of the day from straining my eyes at work, so I like to put them in my bag in case I need to put them on. I recently brought some new glasses from Specsavers and I love them!



3. Kindle
As I travel a lot on the train to and from uni so a kindle is an essential to make the time go faster. The book I am currently reading is Girl, Missing written by Sophie McKenzie. I haven’t got very far at the minute but from the first couple of chapters I am hooked. I recently read another book of hers called Close My Eyes which was amazing. It was such an easy read and had me not wanting to put it down... I would recommend this book to anyone!




4. Perfume
I found two perfumes in my bag, which sadly are pretty much empty. The first is Beyoncé Heat, which I get so many compliments with whenever I wear it. The second is Britney Spears Island Fantasy which is my favourite because it a lovely sweet smelling scent. Definitely need to purchase some more!

According to The Perfume Shop, Beyoncé Heat has heart tones of Almond Macaroon and Honeysuckle Nectar and has base notes of Tonka Bean. No wonder I love it so much, it’s mostly food related!

The Fragrance Shop says Britney Spears Island Fantasy is a mix of watermelon, red berries and citrus fruits, giving a lovely fresh scent.

5. Makeup bag
I think this may be what is weighing the bag down so much! There is quite a lot in here




- Nail glue. At the time of sorting out my bag I was wearing false nails so I carried nail glue just in case one unexpectedly popped off.

- Mirror

- Bronzer and powder with brushes. Just in case I need a touch up during the day.

- Nail file – for any broken nails

- Small perfume – I feel like I have way to much perfume in this bag, maybe I could do with a little less. This is the Beyonce and Britney spears ones in little travel bottles.

- 7 lip products! Okay I admit it, 7 is a bit too many. I have cut this down since clearing my bag so it’s not too bad now. I have kept 4 of my favourites. As you can tell all four of these are very well worn and loved.

Top left: Maybelline Colour Drama
Top Right: Natural Collection Raspberry
Bottom left: Rimmel Kate Moss 110
Bottom Right: Rimmel Apocolips

The first is the Maybelline Colour Drama Lipstick in Red Essential, which as you’ve probably guessed is a lovely bright red. Being a lip crayon I find it very easy to apply and its super pigmented, which is why it is one of my favourites.

I have a natural collection lipstick in the colour Raspberry. I love this lipstick because it’s so easy to apply and even easier to wear. It one of those where you can quickly pop t onto your lips and you’re good to go! It was so cheap as well and well worth the money. The staying power isn’t the best, but it was only a couple of pound so you can’t complain for that price.

Next is a Rimmel Kate Moss is the colour 110, which is a lovely red/orange. I love this colour as it is perfect for summer. I have a few on the Rimmel Kate Moss collection because I feel as though they are such lovely colours.

On top of the Rimmel lipstick I like to apply the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer. I have the colour Luna. Now I’m not overly keen on the colour of this as I think it doesn’t suit my skin tone with me being pale. However I recently tried it over the tip of the Rimmel Kate Moss 110, and together they look beautiful. I give a lovely shine to the lipstick and tones down the colour if you don’t want something too bright.

Top to bottom
Rimmel Apocolips
Maybelline Colour Drama
Natural Collection
Rimmel Kate Moss
6. Bits and bobs.
 Vaseline – You will soon learn that I am a Vaseline addict. Like seriously addict. I think for Christmas I was given about 15 tins of Vaseline. A little overboard I know.

Paracetamol – you never know when you or someone else is in pain! It’s better to be safe than sorry.

Pen – again you never know!

Key – essential, obviously.

10. USB stick – the student must have!


11. Socks – This was put into my bag in the winter because the rain always got my feet wet. I keep them in my bag just in case! 


Now that I have cleared my bag out it feels a lot lighter, so now I’ve just got to keep it that way but don’t hold me to that! Why don’t you do the same and find out what’s in your bag you might find something you’d thought you lost!
Love, Ky

Twitter | BlogLovin | Instagram 

2 comments:

  1. Aww I used to keep socks in my bag just in case I got cold hehe I thought I was the only one who did that! Lovely post dear! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no we are together on this one! Thank you so sweet!! Xxx

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS