First Impressions: Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing

Monday 29 June 2015

Hey guys!
So, as you may remember from my Girl Night In post, I do not do very well with painted nails, however I have heard so many good things about the new Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing Nail Paint. Although there were many good reviews on this nail paint, I still did not want to try it as I knew that I would still probably chip it within a day. It wasn’t until I was at work, and a friend of mine had the nail paint on and had so many compliments on it, it did look beautiful. Not only that, it lasted so long on her! After this... I had to get it! So I thought I would do a first impressions post.

**Description taken from Barry M**
 Barry M’s new Sunset Daylight Curing Nail Paint and Topcoat deliver the look and resilience of pro salon gel nails without a UV lamp or the expense! All you need is a Sunset colour and the Sunset Topcoat – no need for a basecoat as the special formulation bonds to the nail like a gel in daylight but can still be removed with a regular remover. Hi shine, long lasting gel nails have never been so easy!



Colour
I love the colour! I think that was one of the main reasons that pulled me in. They’re lovely and summery adding a pop of colour to any outfit. I went for ‘Peach for the stars’ and ‘Fuchsia Generation’. I love the names... they’re so creative and brought a smile to my face when I read it, (and a little sing song!) it was very hard choosing  colour to go for as they’re all beautiful, so if the nail paint lives up to its expectations I will defiantly be getting them all!

Formulation
The nail paint was so easy to apply. I actually think that it was probably the easiest I have every applied, I usually do the left had perfect but paint the whole finger when it comes to my right hand! It wasn’t too liquidly so that it ends up everywhere, but not too thick so that it’s hard to apply a thin layer.

Drying time
In regards to drying time, it was so fast! I didn’t feel as though I had to wait ages to apply each layer, or stand around waving my hands around like a lunatic. However, that in mind, a friend of mine said that she waited ages for hers to dry. When I applied mine I was watching Game of Thrones and was hooked, so it did not feel as though I was waiting. My advice would be to watch TV or do something that doesn’t require your hands so that it does not feel as though you’re waiting for ages.

Price
Personally for me, I do not think that the nail polish is cheap for everyone. Each nail paint is £4.99; however the colour works best with the top coat, making it £9.98 for the set. As that’s just one colour it may not be easily accessible for all ages. On the other hand (no pun intended), it is suppossed to be an alternaieve to salon gel nails, so it is so much heaper, plus the fact that you can use over and over again so the price is kind of justified. 



I will report back next week on how well this has lasted! Fingers crossed I've found the one! 
Love, Ky 

Twitter | BlogLovin | Instagram 

3 comments:

  1. I love the formulation and dry time of the Barry M polishes too! The color looks lovely on you. :D xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thankyou! Did you find that they lasted longer than normal nail polish?

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty colour, Barry M polishes are my favourite! xx
    Chasing Belle

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS